Planning and performing audits.
Obtaining understanding and knowledge of business.
Identifying business process risks.
Developing testing methodologies to evaluate the adequacy of controls.
Documenting the results of the evaluations.
- Ensures compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Verifies assets and liabilities by comparing items to documentation.
- Completes audit workpapers by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Appraises adequacy of internal control systems by completing audit questionnaires.
- Communicates audit findings by preparing a final report; discussing findings with auditees.